Here, I’ll try to add links to more information on some of the issues I’ve off-loaded about, and ways you can get involved in influencing things if the subject has inspired you. Every little definitely counts.
More info on….
- Global forest changes can be tracked using this quite amazing tool developed by the World Resources Institute: Global Forest Watch
- Action for Conservation, which is looking for ‘conservation gurus‘ to help it in its aim of connecting secondary school students with the natural environment, and inspiring them to become conservationists – a hugely inspiring organisation
- Rewilding Britain and one particular project that aims to rewild Sussex, Wild4Good, that an inspiring friend of mine, Dr Claudia Gray, has set up with some other enthusiasts and students in Brighton
- Global Canopy Programme has recently released their Forest 500 project, reporting the “powerbrokers of zero deforestation”, i.e. the institutions, from Governments to private entities, that have the power to greatly change rates of deforestation across the world – one of the many tools now available that give consumers the ability to influence deforestation rates also
- Here’s another one, especially useful if you live in Australia and eat anything: the POI Palm Oil Barcode Scanner
- If you don’t live in Australia, check out the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Trademark App for android or iPhone